02 November 2014

Social awkwardness.


1

Hello! Have you ever felt awkward in social situations? Well you are not the only one. I have felt like this for many years now. These past few months though I have noticed that I am little bit less anxious than I was before. Sometimes I am this anxiety girl but at the same time I am social person, I love to meet new people and hang out with people but sometimes it just feels uncomfortable and awkward. Along the way I have come up with things which could help me feel more ease is social situations. Here is the list to feel more comfortable in social situations:

1. Practice not to think too much what other people think about you! This is not easy task I know, but I found this video about "tapping eft"from youtube and it is really great. You should try it! Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNe5-2dCsQc

2. List all the positive things that might happen in the event. For example if the event is a dinner party or network event normally you would maybe think oh my god I don't wanna go because I feel awkward, I will plush and I will embarrass myself totally... and the list goes on. Instead you could make list like this: I will propably meet great new people, maybe there will be cute guys, I will make new friends, there will be nice music, I will get eat delicious food...

3. Visualize the event as positively as possible. If you already visualize negative issues about the event, it will only make you feel worse. Try to see the positive and then visualize it.

4. If you totally feel awful plan your escape. This is because I have noticed that although I have gone to social situations -because people say that you should do the things you fear- but really this haven't helped me at all. It doesn't matter whether I go or no, because what I have learned is that my anxiety is quite irregular so there is no way that I will know for 100% whether I feel relaxed in that social situation or whether I will be anxious. The best things that has helped me with my anxiety over all is tapping eft. And if you worry about what other people think about your "escape" do the number 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment